Good Saturday afternoon to everyone! This is Brian and I am going to try my first post. I'm still getting use to how this whole blogging thing works so hopefully I won't mess this up to bad. Also, this thing doesn't appear to have spell checker so I will apologize once up front and in advance. Alrighty, here we go...
Since our little one has decided that she is not quite ready to make her grand appearance, we thought we would show everyone where she'll be spending a lot of her time. We turned one of the bedrooms upstairs into a nursery. The room is the closest to ours and faces east so it gets the full blast of the morning sun. We might have to get some sort of blackout shade if this becomes a problem during the spring and summer or she will have no choice but to be a morning person like her mom.
We decided that the room really need a fresh coat of paint. After going through many different samples (way too many shades of pink) we decided that it was best to just paint one of the walls a very light pink--otherwise it would have looked like you were on the inside of a pepto bismol bottle. The painting wasn't all that bad and we were able to finish everything over one weeked.
Here is a picture of Missy Moo's crib. It's against the only pink wall. We decided to go with an espresso color crib from Pottery Barn. We couldn't believe how many options there are for cribs. The brown bunny was a present from Aunt Caitlin and is ready to snuggle down with our little girl--once she decides to come. The bedding is from Babies R Us--once again can't believe all the different themes and colors. The lion is a present from dad and is one of the softest things on earth.
We figure we are going to have to spend quite a few hours/nights sitting up so we decided on this quite comfortable rocking chair also from Potter Barn. It was also the perfect size for the nursery. We didn't realize until we started this exercise that the doors inside our house are more narrow than usual. Grandma Laurie helped us hang the curtains, which is a bigger pain than one would think.
Can't have a nursery without a changing table. We decided to go with one that we could use later as just a dresser and matched the crib and other furniture in the room. We have been told that the diaper geanie is an essential so I'm hoping it works. We are a little concerned that Moose might pull a "Marley" and try to steal the dirty diapers--hopefully not because I don't want to even imagine the mess that would cause.
Love the nursery photos - it looks like you're all prepared for Baby Gaffney to arrive! (By the way, am I no longer Baby Gaffney when this precious little girl shows up? Bummer...!) I absolutely cannot wait to meet my little niece! Tell her to hurry up will ya! ha!
ReplyDelete