Last weekend we braved the cold and snow (and sneezes and snotty noses) to go see "The Greatest Show in Earth!" Yep, we took the kids out to see lions, clowns, elephants and acrobats! We even saw two ladies who flew through the air by their hair! There sure are some odd things at the circus ... but the kids loved every moment of it. The first, and perhaps the greatest moment of the show for Molly, happened just as we walked through the door. Right out of the gate the bright lights of the circus lured her directly to the souvenir table. What did she see? None other than a bright pink and purple wand, spinning and flashing with wonder and excitement. It seemed to call her by name, just asking her to take it home. So, what could we do? After shelling out $22 dollars (!!!!) Molly was the proud owner of what we now lovingly call the Mason whacker. Actually, she is far to fond of this pink wonder to let it get too close to the little guy, so he has remained pretty safe (except for his rolling down the stairs, but that is an entirely different story).
Here are Molly and Grandma just entering the arena. It was a lot to take in.
Molly had to get a better view of the elephants at the pre-show.
Even Daddy got swept up into the spirit of the circus! Side note: I would love to say that Molly was just pointing to her nose in this picture (after all, Daddy is wearing a pretty silly clown nose) but I am pretty sure she just has her finger lodged up into her nostril.
Molly kept a pretty tight grip on the pink wand of wonder through the entire show. I think she would even sleep with it if we let her.
Mason had a fantastic time as well. His favorite part, and no I am not kidding, was the motorcycle that drove right above us, carrying two dancing acrobats. It was either the bike or the ladies (or maybe both!), but whatever it was really made him grin and wiggle.
He couldn't take his eyes off the show.
Another highlight was the enormous clown snow cone! Molly almost finished off the entire thing!
After all that excitement, we returned home and all fell victim to a pretty bad cold. We spent the rest of the week trying to get back on our feet. The kids were the first to start feeling better, and it was a good thing because Molly had to get all dressed up for a princess party!
Well, we thought she had a princess party. I had signed her up for a princess dress-up activity at our rec center. After she was all dressed and excited to go, I thought I better call to confirm that this was something I could drop her off at or whether it was one of those mommy and me parties that I too got to stay and attend. Well, it turned out that our pretty little princess was all dressed up with nowhere to go. Yep, they cancelled the party and forgot to tell us. Bummer.
So what else could we do? We decided to go to Baskin Robbins and have our very own Princess Ice Cream party! Molly even got to have a chocolate dipped waffle cone filled with more sprinkles that I have ever seen! She was in heaven!
Mason even tasted a little lick of ice cream ... but don't tell anyone. He couldn't take his eyes off Molly's and was trying everything he could do to get one more taste.









No comments:
Post a Comment