
Last night we said goodbye to Great Grandpa as he went home to our Heavenly Father for eternity! God is so good! Great Grandpa was a remarkable man. He was a devoted husband, loving Father, cherished Grandpa, and most of all, a man of God. I will always remember how he used to snitch our ice cream when we weren't looking, how he had that knack for telling the most exciting stories about stealing watermelons and feeding baby pigeons as a young boy. I will always treasure all the wave jumping we did with him at the beach on our summer vacations, and how he helped me catch the biggest fish in the world at Rainbow Falls! Memories of those summertime trips up to the lot will always be priceless. Camping in that old green tent is something I will never forget. Most of all I will remember how he loved God and how lived out his faith during his lifetime.
I came across this verse the other day and it made me think of Grandpa and how his faithful love for Christ has spread to a new generation, and how all generations will come together one day praising God forever!
"I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. ... Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty— and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They tell of the power of your awesome works— and I will proclaim your great deeds. They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."
Psalm 145:1
Molly McKenzie is so fortunate to have been able to meet her Great-Grandpa!

Finally, here is a fun picture of three generations of blue eyes and big smiles! Molly is so fortunate to have such a wonderful Great Grandpa (and Grandpa too)!



Keeping you all in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteWhat great thoughts & words to honor your grandpa. What comfort it brings to know he is in heaven surrounded by beauty!
ReplyDelete